Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Today Griselda woke up sick and was not able to do anything today. Vlad called me this morning about a free break dancing class he wanted to attend tonight at 6 pm and said that no teachers could take him so he asked me if I could take him. I told him I would be happy to. He told me I was the greatest Dad in the whole world. That felt so good. I hope he still thinks that way when reality sets in at home and the honeymoon is over. Later today he called and he told me he was so sad because the director of the orphanage said no to me taking him since we had not met with the court yet. That was kind of mean because he and the other teachers encouraged Vlad to go, but no one could go with him tonight. I wished the Director would have made an exception.
I went this afternoon to see Dima and Vlad. I saw Dima first and we had fun playing with the soccor ball. Dima was so happy to tell me that the soccer ball we were playing with was one donated to the orphanage by Dale Gledhill. I thought that was cool. Dima really likes Dale. Dima is so excited about being adopted that he even reminded me about our court date on Thursday. He will not forget! Later Vlad came and he showed off to me how he learned to do flips step be step until he could do an acutal flip. Before leaving I took the boys to a tiny market near Dima's orphanage to get ice cream bars. They loved it. Also Griselda had brought some banana chips from home for us to snack on. When Vlad was at our apartment last week we gave him some and he just loved them. I found some at the local grocery store and purchased some for Vlad and gave them to him before leaving. He thought I was the coolest Dad for doing that for him. It is amazing how he appreciates and is grateful to us for the little things. Our bonding with the boys does seem to be very natural as Wendy had observed from our blogs. This really became apparent to me today as I was enjoying my time very much with the boys. It is as if this adoption was meant to be for our family with these two boys. I think they are going to fit right in and adjust with the new life style for them with our family.
Oleg just barely made it to the SDA yesterday with 5 minutes to spare to submit the papers to the SDA for registration and if all goes well he will pick them up tommorrow for the court. So we are praying the papers will be ready so we will not have to change the court date. Thanks again for all your support, prayers, comments, etc. We have definitely felt all your prayers as they have been answered. Thanks so much.

2 comments:

Christy Hinkson said...

We love to hear how the boys are bonding and being so good. I sure hope that Griselda feels better soon. I am sure you are boiling your water before you drink or brush your teeth with it. Sometimes we would forget for a minute but if it makes you sick, you will remember forever :)We are praying for the paperwork to be done in time. All the best to the 4 of you!
The Hinksons

Wendy said...

Christy, you boiled your water? I just used water bottles the whole time! When I went home I remember looking for a water bottle before going to brush my teeth. It took awhile to realize I could rinse my mouth with tap water! However, Alex would drink right out of the tap in Ukriane! They must build up an intolerance or something!
So, sorry Griselda is ill. Hope she's feeling better soon. So glad your son's are grateful and getting to know "Papa". Have you decided who is staying and who is going home?
Oh, I do hope your papers get there in time. Hopefully there is a plan B if they don't and you don't just sit for 2.5 weeks! Good grief!