Sunday, October 17, 2010

Today was a nice day for us and the boys. We picked up Vlad and Dima with Oleg and went to church. They were playing another session of conference today. Then we went to our apartment and had potato soup that Griselda had fixed and also had bread with raspberry jam. Last night I tried to find peanut butter for Vlad since he likes peanut butter but I was unable to find any. So I got what I thought was strawberry jam but it turned out to be raspberry. The boys really liked it and it was a really good tasting jam although it was almost like a syrup because it was so thin. Griselda was unhappy with me because I was out walking late last night trying to find a market with peanut butter, but I have felt relatively safe here in the part of Sumy we are in walking the streets. In fact, the Elders told us Sumy is one of the safest areas in Ukraine compared to some of the other areas they have served. After lunch we took a walk in a nearby park along a river. We had a nice walk. Then it was time to take the boys back to the orphanage. Our time with the boys goes by so quickly. So this day was a pleasant day. Even though it was chili like fall it was not as cold as it has been which was nice. The gas was finally turned on here a couple of days ago so it has been nice to have our apartment fully heated. We cannot control the temperature so at times it gets too hot and we have to open a window. However, I say it is better to be too warm than too cold.

2 comments:

Darlene Minjares said...

Sorry, Dave, I have to side with Griselda on this one - don't walk by yourself at night! ;)

The Loves said...

So glad that everyone is bonding so easily, or shall I say naturally? We keep you in our prayers.